- Concurrent access license (CAL): Provides access to the system for any individual, up to the CAL limit; Once all the CALs on a system are consumed, additional logons are prevented until another CAL is freed up.
- Named user license (NUL): Provides guaranteed access to the system for named individuals
- CALs are intended for casual reporting users.
- NULs are intended for users that require guaranteed access to reports, SAP® Crystal dashboards, and Dashboard Builder functionality.
Supported Desktop Software
The number of publishing recipients varies according to the number of concurrent access licenses ( CAL ) licenses.
Maintenance and Support
- Maintenance is purchased separately.
- Customers with active maintenance receive both support and upgrade assurance to new major and minor versions of the software.
- A single deployment may not exceed 250 CAL and 100 NUL.
- For each deployment, SAP® Crystal Reports® Server 2008 may be installed and used only on a single server.
- Clustering, load balancing, and failover are not supported.
- SAP® Crystal viewing and Dashboard Builder functionality are only available with NULs.
- Data-driven publishing is only available with CALs.
- SAP® BusinessSuite and SAP® NetWeaver Business Warehouse connectivity are not supported.
- SAP® BusinessOne connectivity is supported.
- Developers who use this technology to build applications that will be redistributed, sold, or deployed to a third party, need to purchase a copy of SAP® Crystal Reports® Server 2008 for each installation.
- An OEM license is required when granting access to commercial applications that use SAP® Crystal Reports® Server to third parties.