An up-to-the-minute copy of branch office data and applications can keep a bad day from getting worse.
Double-Take® RecoverNow for Windows (formerly known as Double-Take Backup) protects entire servers continuously to disk, so you can rewind from an outage and fast forward through down time.
Double-Take RecoverNow is a single solution to bring your physical and virtual data protection together. It replicates efficiently at the byte level to reduce the impact of data protection on physical or virtual hosts, and is designed to replicate over limited bandwidth connections, enabling true disaster recovery capabilities.
Whatever the situation, RecoverNow has a recovery solution to fit. Single files can be restored from any point in time, down to the second, using continuous data protection (CDP). If the outage is more severe than just a deleted file, entire servers can easily be recovered to dissimilar hardware or automatically provisioned virtual machines.
The ability to recover physical servers virtually, and even convert back to physical when needed, unlocks the potential of your virtual environment to improve availability and lower recovery costs for your entire server infrastructure, including the physical servers.
Data Protection for physical and virtual environments
Despite the strong continued adoption of virtualisation in the datacenter, not every server is virtualised. Rather than manage two different data protection solutions, Double-Take RecoverNow can provide a single data protection solution for both physical and virtual servers that works efficiently and leverages virtualisation to improve recovery.
- Real-time replication at the byte-level spreads out the impact of data protection over time, rather than during backup windows
- No need to recover an entire VM to recover data within it. Full-server replication stores a protected VM in an accessible format for easy validation and recovery of data within the VM.
- Recover physical servers to automatically provisioned new VMs
- Supports both VMware Vsphere and Microsoft Hyper-V environments
- New virtual disks are created partition-aligned for optimum I/O performance
- Adjust memory, number of CPUs, and virtual disk sizes as needed, or let the system build a VM to match the production server.
- You're never stuck once virtualised. Recover back to physical hardware just as easily, even if the hardware is dissimilar.
How it Works
- Double-Take RecoverNow deployments consist of production servers with agent software installed, replicating over any IP network to a repository server. The repository server software supports Windows 2003 and 2008, and is hardware agnostic, including support for local, RAID, and SAN disk storage.
- RecoverNow also supports one-to-many configurations for combined local and remote data protection, and chained protection of repository servers, for redundant disk backups.
- Many production servers will normally replicate to a single repository server. At recovery time, the needed images are restored from the repository server to the original production server, new hardware, or new virtual machines. If you do not need to recover an entire server, prior points in time are accessible directly on the repository server, for data validation and restore.
Remote Office Protection
- Protecting data over distance amplifies all the existing challenges of data protection, yet remote data is no less important to protect. Real-time replication is an ideal method of protecting remote data. Agents installed on remote production servers will continuously replicate changes as they occur, over limited bandwidth connections. If the network link is down or saturated, the patented replication engine will buffer changes on the production machine and resume transmission automatically when the link is restored, all while maintaining the correct transactional order of writes, guaranteeing a consistent replica on the repository.
- While operational outages of a single server or corruption of data on a disk are statistically more common, large scale disasters that can result in the unavailability of entire datacenters are possible. Double-Take RecoverNow can replicate data to a secondary location over existing IP network resources, and recover production physical or virtual servers to a variety of recovery assets, all from a central management console.
- Using a virtualised recovery environment can lower the cost of disaster recovery (DR) by reducing the number of physical servers required, and removing the need to maintain identical configurations for each workload at the DR site. RecoverNow can virtualise physical servers and convert virtual machines from one virtualiisation platform into VMs on another platform. The freedom to recover servers into disparate environments increases the flexibility and resiliency of your DR plan to unforeseen complications.
Download a datasheet »