News Banner

Welkom bij ons nieuwscentrum

Bedrijven zijn constant op zoek naar manieren om zakelijke processen te verbeteren. Flexibiliteit, veiligheid en productiviteit zijn uitgangspunten waar Insight voor staat. Insight is een vertrouwd adviseur voor haar klanten en helpt hen hun belangrijkste organisatorische knelpunten te verbeteren. Van sterk advies tot implementatie van grote projecten, Insight is in staat om de juiste diensten en expertise bij elkaar te brengen om aan uw IT wensen te voldoen.

Insight is toegewijd aan het ontwikkelen en onderhouden van strategische lange termijn handelsrelaties met onze klanten

Microsoft to reduce data centre PUE

Microsoft has revealed plans to improve the energy efficiency of its data centres to reduce ICT emissions.

Microsoft has revealed plans to improve the energy efficiency of its data centres in an effort to reduce ICT emissions.

Rick Bakken, senior director of data centre evangelism at Microsoft, said the company plans to reduce the average power usage effectiveness (PUE) across all its data centres to 1.25 within the next two years.

The move, which is set to involve nearly 100 data centres worldwide, will mark the deployment of a new type of generation 4 storage device.

PUE, which is a measure of how efficiently a data centre uses energy, is the ratio of the total amount of power used by the facility to the power delivered to the computing equipment. An ideal PUE is 1.0.

The announcement was made at the Samsung-hosted CIO forum, which aimed to examine how best to increase efficiency in the data centre, held in Munich.

Experts at the forum said that while a significant 2% of carbon emissions comes from ICT, the industry can also help cut the other 98% by developing technology that can enable other verticals to perform more efficiently.

Copyright Press Association 2011

Nieuws Archief

FacebookBlogLinkedInTwitterGoogle+