Updated: February 10th 2021
VMware is pleased to announce GA of Usage Meter 4.3 is available for ALL Cloud Provider partners! This is a major release in the 4.X line, which it brings product collector parity with Usage Meter 3.6.X. As a result of this parity
It is important that partners proceed to upgrade to 4.X line as Usage Meter 3.6.X will go End-of-Life on March 31, 2021. Partners will need to migrate to UM 4.2+ by that date.
- vRealize Automation
- Site Recovery Manager
- vSAN collectors
- New VCF Configuration on vCenter Server Collector (vRAM reporting for SDDC Manager)
- Kubernetes Metering Support
- New offline reporting architecture for Government partners (requires VMW approval)
- Security Updates
What can partners do?:
Partners running 3.6.X need to upgrade by March 31, 2021. They can download and deploy the new 4.X appliance. Partners can migrate the configurations from their old UM 3.6.X to 4.3. Partners should put the new UM in test mode until it has started collecting data from the beginning of a new month. Then they can remove the old UM from Usage Insight, and put the new one into production.
For partners utilizing UM 4.1 or 4.2, they can perform an in-place upgrades on their existing 4.X appliances! It’s as simple as that. No other considerations or recommendations!
- This is an important milestone because Usage Meter 3.6.X will go End-of-Life on March 31, 2021. Partners will need to migrate to UM 4.2+ by that date.
- As part of the move to UM 4.X, partners will need to adopt the Flex Pricing Model as outlined in this blog
- Usage Meter 4.3 general information.
- Usage Meter 4.3 installation information.
- Location to download Usage Meter 4.3
If you need any additional information or resources, please contact your account manager at Insight.