Software Asset Management (SAM) is not often valued; a common image is like an auditor - hungry for data, looking for errors and not giving much in return. In fact, SAM could be seen like a tax return:
- It should be done, but is not necessarily enjoyable
- Those who do it don't get much credit - completing forms that few people use
- No organisation submits their general ledger to an inspector - it needs tailoring
- Done correctly, there can be massive advantages - cost savings and allowing investment opportunities
- Get it wrong and there are big penalties - reputational and financial
- Abuse the rules and you can expect attention
Practitioners need to align to business goals and give back. This is the path to change the image, get recognition and most importantly empower the business. With the right positioning, the insight SAM can deliver provides benefits across a wide range of stakeholders.
In this webinar, we profile tactics that SAM functions can employ to help senior management make better decisions. How do you unlock the knowledge that delivers benefits? We look at the path from an overhead to an enabler, a key piece of the technology ecosystem.
Howard is the Head of Software Lifecycle Services, EMEA at Insight, helping clients manage for today and transform for tomorrow. He has spent almost 20 years in the licensing, SAM and third party governance for technology and content fields. He started looking at the flaws in the IT supply chain, before a major focus on software compliance and SAM. He designed, built and grew IBM’s early compliance programme and has influenced similar activities across the sector. Howard has led governance, SAM and cost management programmes and practices, advising mainly blue-chip organisations.
IT Procurement, Global Contract and Sofware Asset Manager at Iberdrola
Register for the webinar